Is Google making us stupid? I think it is a little bit of yes, and a little bit of no. I think that it has affected peoples' ability to focus and read anything long and wordy, and has definitely affected our ability to remember a lot of basic information. I can say personally I need to turn to google a lot to look up things like the events of a game, or the history or name of an actor. However I think that it has done a lot of good too. Look at the typewriter example. His writing may have changed, but using that advancement of technology, he was able to keep writing comfortably. Or even the advancement of the clock lets people be more efficient and get as much work done in a 24 hour period. I think the future of generations will not really be able to read massively long books like we grew up doing in school. It'll be much more of short but impactful readings, or possibly no reading at all, but more listening to people tell the stories themselves. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog