"But China's controversial social credit system – which ranks all of its 1.4 billion citizens on their behavior in real-time – is real, and it's on track to launch by 2020." (Daily Mail Harry Pettit).


"Liu Hu, a journalist in China, told CBS News that when he tried to book a flight, he was told he was banned from flying because he was on a list of untrustworthy people." (Daily Mail Harry Pettit).


"In 2015 Ant Financial was one of eight tech companies granted approval from the People’s Bank of China to develop their own private credit scoring platforms. Zhima Credit appeared in the Alipay app shortly after that. The service tracks your behavior on the app to arrive at a score between 350 and 950, and offers perks and rewards to those with good scores." (Wired Mara Hvstendahl).


I personally find this very disturbing. I already think that the government can track and know everything about you just by you signing into a website. I do not like the idea of people being tracked and ranked based off of everything they do throughout the day and are constantly being ranked by random strangers, and your life can change forever by having one bad experience with someone. I like the idea that people will be better and there will be better people in the world, but I would prefer it was out of the people wanting to be good and not wanting their score to go up. I think that it is ok for social media to grow and continue to be a big part of our lives, but it should not dictate how far you go in life. I personally would not do very well in this society because I do not have a very big social media presence. I consider myself a very polite and likeable guy who is very hard working in what I love, but because I do not post on social media enough I could go no where in life. I would just keep a world where your hard work and personality dictate where you go and not what you do on social media. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog